- Music videos demonstrate genre characteristics
- There is a relationship between lyrics and visuals
- There is a relationship between music and visuals
- The demands of the record label will include the need for lots of close-ups of the artist and the artist may develop motifs which recur across their work (a visual style)
- There is frequently reference to notion of looking (screens within screens) and particularly voyeuristic treatment of the female body
- There is often inter-textual reference (to films, TV programmes, other music videos etc)
1. Indie and contains live performance of the band playing the instruments. Black and white filter represent indie / alternative rock genre.
2. "Know where the city is" when this is sung, a projected visual of the city is shown against a girl's body. When talking about "love" the visuals on screen shot two people hugging / kissing.
3. The beat of the music is shown by them playing the instruments. The heavy drums at the beginning, the camera is a close up of the drums being played. This music video is mostly of a live performance.
4. There are close ups of the band, this may be because this is one of their first music videos therefore the record label will want the audience to see what this band looks like and represents. Their visual style is black and white and is shown on a variety of their music videos.
5. Since it is about love, there are a lot of close ups of the female body in a voyeuristic way.